DIGITAL MARKETING COORDINATOR
The Digital Marketing Coordinator reports to the Manager, Communications and Engagement and is responsible for the organization’s presence on social media and in the e-newsletter aligned with the vision and mandate of the Technology Council. In support of the CEO’s strategic direction, the Digital Marketing Coordinator provides digital marketing expertise to strengthen the organization’s brand, ultimately reaching target audiences.
The Digital Marketing Coordinator ensures high-quality digital marketing efforts complement the complex and rapidly developing programs and initiatives of the Technology Council. The ideal candidate will have prior experience with social media, email marketing, and advertising. The Digital Marketing Coordinator must be an organized team player comfortable balancing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Work with internal and external subject matter experts and program participants to curate and create written and visual content in alignment with an annual content calendar.
- Write content for social media and our e-newsletter aligned with the Technology Council brand and values.
- Facilitate and organize video interviews between subject matter experts, participants, and key Technology Council staff.
- Maintain and grow audiences on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn (and other emergent or trending social channels).
- Maintain an excellent open rate for the e-newsletter and drive/manage signups.
- Create, manage, and evaluate social awareness/advocacy campaigns – drive internal adoption of campaigns by becoming an expert.
- Schedule social media content using Sprout Social.
- Monitor campaign performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Provide monthly performance reports to the Manager, Communications and Engagement.
- Monitor key accounts and engage audiences to improve reach and support Technology Council priorities.
- Respond to client inquiries in a timely manner.
- Work with a Graphic Designer to create compelling assets (including photos and videos) aligned with the Technology Council brand.
- Create paid ads across social media platforms that target key audiences and drive tangible actions within budget.
- Support maintaining and updating the First Nations Technology Council website and the First Nations in BC Knowledge Network
- Work closely within the organization and externally with contractors.
- Some graphic design and video editing as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of or interest in learning about First Nations governance structures, communities, and organizations and communicating in a culturally safe and respectful manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to work well within a team.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and deadlines at once.
- Skilled in creative writing to support organizational goals.
- Experience using Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram for business.
- Experience creating and managing paid ads on social media.
- Experience using DropBox, Monday, Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Canva and other graphic design programs.
- Experience or familiarity with WordPress, SalesForce, and Campaign Monitor is an asset.
- A Diploma in marketing or communications or a related field, or a relevant combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 1-2+ years of digital marketing experience.
- Experience working with an Indigenous-led organization is considered an asset.
The First Nations Technology Council holds the following core values, which all employees are expected to honour, demonstrate and deepen through individual practice and team development: trust, humility, community, spirit, innovation for 7 generations, listening, resilience, indigenous wisdom, and heart.
This position reports to the Manager, Communications and Engagement.
What We Offer -
- Competitive compensation
- Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage for you
- Matching pension contribution
- Collaborative, fun-loving, and inclusive work environment
Our office is located at the First Nations Technology Council headquarters in North Vancouver, B.C, with an opportunity to work on-site, hybrid or fully remote.
We are an Indigenous organization whose mandate is to promote opportunities for Indigenous people. We encourage applications from qualified First Nations, Inuit and Métis people. We also welcome other candidates who possess a high level of cultural competence and understanding of Indigenous experience, communities, and issues. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.